Sunday, January 11, 2009

2008 - Year In Review

January:
We found a park near our house that had a baby swing! After what seemed like 5 different parks we found one. The boys enjoyed themselves while I snapped some pics.

We also finally started brushing Christian's teeth. Isn't that sad? Not like he had a ton to work with but we figured it was time!

Christian also became a Pirate


February:
We took the LONG hike up the Makapuu Lighthouse trail. Thank goodness for Matt. He pushed Christian up in the stroller most of the way. I don't think I could have done it...at all...without him.


March:
Could this have explained why I was SO tired a few weeks earlier? And yes, there are three of them. I wanted to be sure my eyes weren't playing tricks on me.

Our baby boy turned ONE!!


April:
Christian started walking! He took an actual step on his birthday a week prior to this photo but this is the first picture I got!!

Matt taught Christian how to stick out his tongue.

Matt started Project Pinky

Matt's Mom came to visit at the end of April and bought Christian his first pair of tennis shoes!!

Nancy took Christian to the park A LOT. He was in heaven.

Mother and Son for one last picture.


May:
We took Christian to the new pool that they built in our housing area. It has fun little sprinklers that he really likes!


June:
We took a Pearl Harbor Tour courtesy of our neighbor (who's house we are now living in - they PCS'd).

Anne visited and we went to Bellows Beach. Christian had fun for about 30 minutes before he decided he hated it.

I had an ultrasound to find out that Baby #2 was a GIRL!


July:
My sewing machine finally saw the light of day after a VERY long time. I made a dress for the new baby!

Matt sold Pinky. He sat in it one last time with Christian.


August:
We moved next door from Apartment A to Apartment B.

Matt started collecting different coins (currently on the pennies) and took Christian to his first coin show.


Christian has his first dentist appointment and he started using utensils.

I graduated!!! I am now the proud recipient of an Associate's Degree in Medical Office Administration.


September:
I became Martha Stewart. I started planting little flowers and did more sewing.






The BUSY month of October:
Christian bowled against Matt for the first time.

The boys befriended a pigeon that they named Charlie. It happened after we put out a feeder that literally was mauled by birds.



Christian got a haircut.

Matt reenlisted and added another 5 years and 11 months to his military career.


I HAD A BABY!!!! Sarah joined us on October 27th. Christian is a great Big Brother.



November:
While my parents were here, Matt booked a charter boat for some deep sea fishing. He took my dad with him. They made it about a half hour before they both were sea sick. Matt looked like this most of the trip:

And they only caught ONE fish. Then they used it for bait to try and catch some bigger ones. Nope, didn't work.


We made it to the Zoo one more time.

We also all went to Bellows Beach and Christian FINALLY had a good time.

Christian had a speech eval.

December:
Matt accumulated more guns throughout the year and I was finally able to go shooting with him!! We had a lot of fun.

CHRISTMAS!!!!!!! We had a good, but lonely, Christmas here. I am still in the process of getting up all the pictures from the day but you can re-read about our day here if you want!

The day after Christmas we had a power outage. That was interesting. I wasn't sure what to expect with a toddler and a newborn but it went well. Christian had fun in the dark.


Then New Year's Eve I threw out my back!!!! It was HORRIBLE!! I'm slowly getting better but it was not a fun way to bring in 2009.

But, there you have it folks. This was our year in review!!!!

2 comments:

Val said...

That is a really cool way to look back at the year!

Crystal said...

Thanks! I saw a few other blogs that did it this way and I thought it would be fun. I could have added sooooooo much more but I tried to just do the most important/fun things.