Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Hair today....

...gone today.

It finally came. Christian got his first haircut. And was I there to witness it? *cries* NO! *cries* But I think that might have been a good thing because I did NOT want him to have a haircut yet even though the sides were starting to go over his ears. He had the cutest little duck tail looking curls in the back. Not many, but there were enough of them to look super adorable.

Anyways, I went to the grocery last night because we really needed some food staples. I get home and Matt informs me that Christian had just had his first haircut. I wanted to cry. I had told him before when he would talk about cutting his hair that I wanted to get pictures because I have a scrapbooking page with some 'First Haircut' things. So we have no picture of actual hair being cut. :-(

Matt says that Christian did not enjoy the hair clipper. He wouldn't sit still for him so I have to go in there and get a few of the longer strands that are leftover. But I must admit...he looks WAY older with just the tiniest bit of hair being cut off!!!!

Here are a few pictures to give you an idea.

If you click on this one to make it bigger you can see that his hair is pretty fuzzy all around. It hangs over his ears and I find myself 'tucking' it so it doesn't. I guess that right there says it needed to be cut.















Then this picture was taken today. Click on it to make it bigger and you can see that his hair is much shorter over his ears and he seriously looks a year older. I find myself staring at him because he seems to have a more mature look about him. It's NUTS!














And HERE is the HAIR!!!!!!! I put it in a baggie and will put it in his baby book. :-) The hair on the sides is straight and the hair from the back is curly. Those poor curls probably won't ever grow back. Those were the hairs he was BORN with! I'm so pathetic.










I'm not upset about it anymore but it was a shock to come home and see his little blond baby hairs all over the bathroom floor. But that kid is cute no matter what!!! :-)

No comments: