Wednesday, October 8, 2008

37 week appointment

Headed to Tripler this morning for my 37 week appointment. I was in and out so that was nice! The last two appointments I had I literally waited for over a half hour to just get into an exam room. Hooray for going early today!

Even though I was early I still had to park on the very top of the parking garage...in the icky sun!...and hike it all the way up the hill while pushing my 30 pound kid in his stroller. I was pooped by the time I got to the waiting room and sat down. Then I got called back right away to get my vitals done so I knew my pulse and blood pressure were going to be high. (Not to mention I had a head ALL last night and was up for almost 2 hours trying to wait for some Tylenol to kick in).

Sure enough it was high. Like 140 something, and I forget the bottom number. I saw 104 as my pulse and blanked at the rest of my BP. That hill is NO fun.

Well, DURING my vitals Christian was very concerned about the cuff being placed on my arm. He furrowed his brow and reached out to me with a whine. He was glad to see it go away. But then when I got called back to the exam room and the nurse took it again. This is when he bawled!! I really think he was concerned that I was being hurt somehow. He just looked at it and screamed. She left to let the doctor know I was ready. They both came back and the doctor took it one more time to make sure I was not having any issues with pre-eclampsia. With my headache last night and it being so high when I got there they were a little concerned.

And of course Christian cried even harder when he saw the cuff for the third time!!! Anyways - the BP went down to 128/78. Baby is head down, not dilated. Sitting tight in there. No signs of anything to come. C'mon labor!!!!!!!!!

No comments: