Thursday, October 30, 2008

Sarah Leilani has arrived!!!

I won't bore with details of the labor...okay I will - IT WENT GREAT! I woke up to contractions at 12:30 am on Monday morning and couldn't fall back asleep so I decided that I better get up and count them. There is this website called www.contractionmaster.com where you just push the space bar at the start and stop of a contraction and it times it all for you!! Great tool. ;-)

Anyways, they started right off the bat at 3-5 minutes apart. They weren't all that painful so I waited it out a little over an hour. About 3:00 am I decided that I better take a shower and get my stuff. By 3:30 it was go-time. The contractions were getting pretty painful and I thought my water broke! So, no-go on calling someone to come stay at the house. Matt said he was coming with and we would call for help a little later.

So we get to the hospital around 3:45 and I get checked. Guess how many centimeters I was!? I was going to guess about 5. Nope, wasn't 5. Seven? Nope, again! I was NINE CENTIMETERS!!!!!!! I told the Doctor to "shut up". Seriously, those were the next two words that came out of my mouth!! I was in shock. The next thing I thought was "why aren't I in more pain?!" So they quick get me to a delivery room so I can get going.

Well, since I was at 9 cm I had the option of getting my water bag fully broken (it was only a leak and not a full break) or get an epidural. As I was talking to the doctor/nurses about this the contractions that I was having were starting to get REALLY bad. So bad that I was getting really panicky and wouldn't breath properly through the contractions. I decided that I wanted the epidural because the last thing I wanted was to have a screaming fit while having my daughter. I just remembered how peaceful it was when I had Christian and wanted that all over again.

So the anesthesiologist comes up and managed to get the epidural in during a contraction in which I'm screaming that she is coming out! No joke....she was RIGHT there. Didn't help that I had to lie on my left side to get the drugs! She seemed to want to come out faster that way. Meanwhile, the drugs are taking effect and I'm able to rough it out through a few more painful contractions. Sarah's heart rate dipped quite low at one point and I was moved all over until she was stable. Then it was on to pushing!!!!!!!!!

After what Matt said was 6 pushes our pretty, pretty princess made her debut on October 27th, 5:56 am!!!!!

She weighed in at 7 pounds 13.7 ounces and was 19 inches long. She is absolutely gorgeous and so PERFECT!!!

Go HERE for pictures!!!!

No comments: