Thursday, March 29, 2007

Birth Story!!

I can't believe that I'm finally a Mommy!!! The experience is one that I will NEVER forget. It was perfect in every way.

Sunday morning I had some wonderfully tasting castor oil (blech!). It didn't really do much so I just went on with my day and kept busy. Sunday night I went for a walk and thought I might have been peeing myself! Haha!! Nothing came of that so Matt and I watched a movie then we went to bed. As normal I would get up to go pee every hour but this time it was more frequent that I was getting up to pee. I was so tired that I didn't put two and two together that I was having strong contractions. I was so tired and out of it that I kept going back to sleep!! So at 3:20am I went to the bathroom again and this time my water broke. Yay for it NOT being in the bed! :-)

I wake Matt, grab the bags and head out the door and were at Tripler about 10 minutes later. I get to my room and wait. So from 4 to 7am I really didn't have much of a dilation change so I got pitocin. By 9 am I needed that epi!! Half hour later I'm good to go and happy as a clam!! I thought for sure I would see 6pm roll around. But about 2 hours later they check me and I was complete and ready to push. Boy was that a shock. Matt said that is when he got nervous. He was thinking he might have a bit more time to process that we were there to have a baby. But the time had come!!

At 11:35am I started pushing and at 1:58pm on Monday March 26th, Baby Christian was born!! 8lbs 5oz, 19 3/4in (but we are going with 20!) and all 10 fingers and 10 toes. PERFECT! I couldn't have asked for a better experience. I was smiling even through my last push!! I would do this ALL over again in a heartbeat. Matt was great, the doctors were great, the nursing students that were there were great! JUST GREAT! I was tremendously blessed with a perfect birthing experience.

We can't wait to post some more pictures! :-)

No comments: