Sunday, March 8, 2009

More phone calls!

Matt has called me almost every day since he got to Korea! :-)

He called me two nights ago VERY briefly to just say hi. He wasn't able to get his calling card to work so he had to use his actual phone number. And that is costing him $1.99 a minute. Then he called last night at about 10pm. I was already in bed because I was exhausted and was able to talk to him for about 5 minutes. He said he was really busy with work every day. Getting inprocessed and then having to get ready for the exercise that he will be doing there. Then he called tonight at about 5!! I could tell he wasn't using a regular phone/satellite. The response time was VERY laggy and we kept talking over one another. But he got to say hi to Christian on speaker phone and heard Sarah talking in the background. He misses them a lot. Of course he said he misses me too!

He starts his 12-hour night shifts tonight (which is his Sunday night). He isn't looking forward to that but then maybe if he stays on that the whole time he is there it will make the return trips time change a bit easier. Who knows...

We haven't done much at the house. Went to K-Mart today to get some baby wipes and to just browse a bit so Christian could get out of the house. It was raining so I couldn't let him run around in the backyard. Well, I could have...but didn't want to have to deal with the mess that would have ensued! Anyways, the store is literally 3 miles away and it took me a good 25 minutes to get there. EVERYBODY was trying to get to Target!! HAHA! Traffic was quite horrible for 3pm on a Saturday. But I made it there and back alive. I'll get to Target later when the hype has died down. But believe me - if I didn't have to bring two kids with me I would be there ALL the time!

I've been tired the last few days. It's exhausting when I don't get the extra set of hands to help me with the little things in the evenings. Amazing how much it helps when Matt just occupies the kids for a half hour or something so I can get dinner ready or to unload and reload the dishwasher.

Tonight I gave the kids a bath at the same time. I thought about taking a picture but I'm not THAT good at multi-tasking. I was too busy trying to keep Christian's splashes from drowning Sarah!! It worked out well and I was able to get them both clean. Hooray for good smelling kiddos.

I'll try and get some videos up later. I'm still trying to figure out how to download some of the bigger ones. I'm having issues. :-(

No comments: