Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Lots of cooking!

Nancy and I have done A LOT of cooking the last few days! It was great fun and I'm glad I had some help. I counted all the different dishes and bags that we put food into and there are 17, yes SEVENTEEN, dishes of food. That means 17 nights in the next month I don't have to think about what to cook. I just thaw and bake! :)

Also, here is the recipe for the bread pudding. Some have asked for it so I'm going to post it here for everyone!


Cinnamon Bread Pudding Recipe

4 eggs
3 1/2 cups milk
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 tpsp additional brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon, divided
1 loaf cinnamon raisin bread, torn in pieces

Spray slow cooker and put in bread.
In bowl, combine eggs, milk, 1 cup brown sugar, vanilla, 1/2 tsp cinnamon. Mix well.
Pour over bread. (you can stir if you want)
Sprinkle remaining cinnamon and brown sugar.

Cover and cook on low 4-5 hours or high 2-3.


Once the kids get up we are headed to the Dole Plantation to get some Dole Whip and pictures with Flat Stanley. :)

No comments: