Friday, March 13, 2009

Freeze Ahead Meals

I should totally be napping but I wanted to share what I did today! I am going to be cooking A LOT of food with the help of Nancy when she gets here. So today when I was getting a few things for this endeavor I was told to buy a vacuum sealer and bags. The vacuum sealer was only $3.49 so I thought why not!? Well, I love it! It came with 6 AA batteries. People...CAME WITH the batteries. A pack of batteries alone can cost over $4! It also came with 3 quart sized bags. See, look!


You just press the little doo-hickey to the circle on the bag and viola!

So, I wanted to try my lovely bags out. I had what I needed to make a double batch of chili. A-cookin' I went! And here is one of the three gallon-sized bags that I have full of chili. Flat of course, so I can pile multiple bags on top of each other :)


So I have lots of things to make and put in bags and tupperware containers. I'm super excited. This is going to help us not go out to eat as much. :) It will save us money in the end even though the grocery bills will be higher. Yay, me!

Oh, and I wish you could smell this:

It's cinnamon bead pudding in the crock pot. A loaf of cinnamon raisin bread with a mix of eggs, milk, brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon poured on top!!!!! And little ole me gets to eat it all!!!!

No comments: