Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Chair for Sarah

I was doing some research on how to entertain kids in braces and casts for hip dysplasia. I came across a lady that makes them for people. I have no clue how much she charges and what shipping huge pieces of wood would cost so I'm not even going to contact her and ask. I figure my Dad can help me make something since it seems like I'll be coming home to Sioux Falls sooner rather than later! :)

Anyways, here is a picture of one of the chairs she made. I'm sure my Dad could figure out the insides of it better than I can. It looks like it would be REALLY nice for Sarah considering she isn't a fan of being on her back to begin with let alone with a brace on now.

Here is it:

ETA - here is a picture where you can see the inside where the kiddo would sit. More foamy stuff I think??


Isn't that neat?! A nice area for Sarah to play and eventually eat from since she can't fit in a regular high chair with the brace on.
Well that is my little blurb for the night. I'm waiting on Matt to get home so that we can go brave the store and get groceries....