Friday, September 5, 2008

Where do I start this update?! It's a long one...

This last week felt like such a whirlwind! I hope we don't have another week like this for a long time!!

Right before the long weekend we were deciding what we should do with ourselves. We had another week until we would be moving next door. But I decided to call the housing office to see if there was ANY way that we might be able to move in Labor Day weekend instead of waiting another week. They said they would check with their manager and call us back. Do do do do do do do..... RING! They said it would be fine, we just have to go redo some of the paperwork. SCORE!

So the moving started Friday morning. Piece by piece, Matt and I hauled stuff out our door and into the next. We had all the major items moved by noon. I'd say we did pretty good for one dude and a pregnant chick!! :-) The rest of the weekend was a bunch of back and forth with little boxes of stuff for this room and a basket of stuff for that room. All in all...a job well done. I took some pictures of the downstairs but never manage to get any of the upstairs because I always remember when Christian goes down for a nap! I need to update the website with pictures anyways so I best be getting on that soon.

So that was the weekend. Now...Tuesday, the 'start' of the work week sure brought some drama to the Keefer household! This was the morning of our final inspection at the old house. I had a few things to get from next door to throw away so that I could sweep and mop the kitchen. I go over, grab the trash, throw it away, come back to the house and I see the front door is closed (we have a screen and a deadbolt door). Often times we ask Christian to help us close the door when we come home. He likes to help out and we are trying to get him to follow all our directions so that he is a better help when the new baby comes.

Well, take it from me...Christian knows MUCH more than how to just close a door. He knows how to LOCK IT WHILE MOMMY IS OUTSIDE!!!!!!!!! Yes, my 17 month old son locked his Mommy out. I jiggle the door and nothing. I quickly go around back hoping that the sliding door is open. No luck. Christian comes running to the back and smiles at me. I tell him to open the door for me. He tries but it's locked of course. I don't have my phone on me and I don't have the keys. I go to one neighbors house and they aren't home. I go to the next and she answers the door. They just moved here a few months ago so what a way to introduce myself, huh? It was literally a frantic "Hi, I need your phone, my son locked me out!"

I called Matt first because I knew he was out of his office doing some errands. No answer. I call housing...NO ANSWER! What?! Took me a little bit but I finally got a hold of Matt. He said he didn't have the key (we only have one right now because housing needs to make another) and it was inside. OF COURSE! So Matt said he would come home and try to help. Then I finally get a hold of housing after calling 4 times. They said they would 'alert dispatch and it will be about 30 minutes'. I said HECK NO!!! I will be breaking a window before I wait another 30 minutes. He was already inside for a good half hour before housing even answered their phones! And by this point Christian is bawling at the back door with his puppy because he has realized that we are stuck on opposite sides of a big door! :-(

(If I could have taken a picture of him sitting inside the door I would have...even though I was FREAKING OUT the entire time this was going on...he was cute the way he was cuddling the dog).

I go back to the front door with a bobby pin while Matt is at the back door trying to entertain Christian. About 20 minutes later housing FINALLY comes to unlock the door. It was the WORST hour of my life! Christian was so tuckered out from bawling that he took a nap pretty soon after he calmed down. I needed a nap after the ordeal too but I didn't get to take one. :-(

We need a game plan of some sort in case this happens again!!!

So, it isn't even Wednesday yet and we are sore, tired, and exhausted. But the new house is great. Christian loves the stairs and bawls when we take him down and gate the bottom. He is a pro at going up them but still a little shaky going down on his butt. He gets too excited and will almost fall face first down them. So we have to watch him. Pretty soon I will take the gate down so he can get to his room, though.

Today is Friday and we get our bed delivered this afternoon!! King size heaven! Thank you Nancy and Kerry!

in baby news -
I'll be 32 weeks tomorrow and I have a picture on the camera from a few days ago. I look plump! I actually saw myself for the first time in a full length mirror at the mall and was appalled at what I saw. :-( I'm determined to lose at least 30 pounds before we leave here next year. I'm hoping two kids under 2 will help that!! haha
My next OB appointment is the 19th.

Ok, I think that catches us up for the week!! I promise I will get pictures and videos up this weekend!!!!!!!!!

XOXO

No comments: