Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Rules Of The Road - Lesson 54

C'mon, people. It's common sense here. When you see me turning right out of a driveway of a business onto the street please don't honk and wave your hands, I'm assuming while sharing some expletives with your passenger, at me when you are the one trying to cross five lanes of traffic right in front of me.

Crossing traffic is essentially the same as making a left turn anywhere. You should be the last one to make the move since you do not have the right-of-way. That is, if you were not already going first. But this car was certainly not! They gunned their little four cylinder trying to beat me to their wanted street across five lanes of traffic when I literally had about ten feet from where I was in this parking lot driveway to the corner. I slammed on my brakes thinking they were definitely going to hit me. They slam on theirs while waving and honking.

Now, I'm not the world's greatest driver. I'm a woman. Ha! But if I had a dollar for every time I saw somebody do something stupid on the road I think I would be able to buy myself the new bedroom set I have been dreaming of.

Common sense folks! Get some. And next time don't honk at me when you lack the aforementioned.

******I stand corrected. My dad, a police officer here in town, told me that I would most likely be getting the ticket since I was on a privately owned property (a fast food place I was leaving for lunch) and the other car was on the city street. Well, boo to that!!!******

No comments: