Saturday, September 19, 2009

Matt Is A Geographical Bachelor

Definition: A geographic bachelor is a member that meets all of
the following criteria:
• Permanent party personnel assigned to an installation
within CONUS or Hawaii,
• Is in receipt of BAH at the With Dependents rate,
• Has received PCS orders providing for the transfer

But not for long!!! *happy dance* In less than two weeks we will finally be reunited. Hallelujah. He misses us and we miss him. It has been a tough four months and we are ready to put them behind us!

But it hasn't all been bad. We got to spend time with family and Matt was able to have some fun by himself. He went and listened to MANY live bands on base that play at the Enlisted Club. There were quite a few he really enjoyed. After our car was shipped he rented a convertible mustang! I'm super jealous and his ears are burned. :)

On Monday the process of packing our house finally begins. The movers come to start, what I'm assuming, will be a two-day pack-out. Matt also has a room booked at the Hale Koa (the military hotel) in downtown Waikiki starting Monday night. He will stay there until he leaves for good.

He spent the last few days taking all of our electronics apart and taking the TV off the wall. He took back our DVR box and has been getting the bills in order. He also went through the house to see what he could throw away.

It is getting so close I can feel him holding my hand. ...I know, I know. I'm getting all mushy gushy. This has been the longest he hasn't seen the kids or me in.....forever.

Happy Dance!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: