Friday, January 27, 2012

Year in Review, Part 2

We did a lot in June. Took the kids to a movie. Last time they went to one in an actual theater was with Grandma....to see How to Train Your Dragon. That was a few years ago. Oops. They enjoyed themselves and Sarah got some Guitar Hero in.





We visited Kevan's friend Chad. We had hotdogs and burgers on the grill, s'mores, and they played until they were pooped.



We did a lot of things outside. Motorcycle rides (this time he just got to sit on Papa's bike after we had lunch at Qdoba).
Coffee on the porch with Kevan :-)
Hammock sessions at the Keefers.
Stops to the play equipment at Cleveland Elementary

Tripoli in the driveway.

Quick stop to the pool


Kevan was my date to Jill's weddingMy birthday was in June but we had a belated birthday with the Keefers

My cake was awesome
Got some riding in with the new bike. Even tried them without the training wheels.
Sarah finally got her bike back since Bub wasn't taking it.


We had some July 4th festivities at Kevan's brother in laws lake house in Madison.



His brother in laws kids (aka his niece and nephew) came to stay at our house for a week. They had fun with the kids.




And at this point I lost my Sony camera and took nothing but cell phone pictures. Or none at all. Quite sad! Then I found it but I lost the battery charger. More cell phone pictures....

August.
More use out of the bikes

Even became mechanics and 'worked' on them

Then Sarah decided to throw herself down the steep driveway of the Keefers...while on her bike. She got herself good. And put a crack in one of her front teeth! Diva Knievel for a reason, people.


And my college finally sent me my certificate....a year late. Thanks!


Sarah got bangs

Then brother proceeded to chop them off

As well as a chunk in the back..... sigh .....

So Sarah got her first real haircut :)

August 29th was Christian's first day of Head Start!!

He had a great first day ♥


We went back out for opening bow hunting season in September. Again...gorgeous.



Christian had a horrible experience at the dentist, that he thankfully doesn't remember since he got some spiked grape juice. He is under the complete assumption that he had fun. In fact, he screamed the whole time...

He also went to MN for a week with Matt, Nancy and Kerry.


In October we had a Bridal shower for Matt's cousin Kristen.

Kids painted their pumpkins

And Sarah turned 3!

We took a very lengthy road trip to Utah to pick up Kevan's kids in November. After we got them we went to AZ to see his dad and step mom again.


While in a Panda Express drive-thru Kevan asked me for the second time to marry him. He gave me a straw wrapper. I said yes.

Then November 27th he asked me for real.

Bub and Sarah had their Christmas program at daycare

We put Kevan back to work fixing the toilet and putting in a new kitchen sink

We had Christmas (will be in a new post at some point) and went to Flandreau with my parents to ring in the new year.

Goodbye, 2011!!!

I hope you all had a great year. I can never predict what is going to happen so I've given up on having major long-term plans. As long as my kids and myself are happy and healthy, I'm all about whatever comes our way. We have some exciting new developments in the coming months. Please stay tuned!!!

No comments: