Thursday, October 8, 2009

A family of FOUR again!

Well, it's been almost a week since I left on the journey to retrieve my husband. haha We had a great little trip with just the two of us. Had a few snaphoos on Matt's end trying to get OUT of Hawaii but he made it. After getting delayed a day and me staying alone for a night in St. Louis we were finally reunited. :-) And I have to say, he looked darn good. He lost weight and was tan! Driving around that convertible the last few weeks gave him a farmers tan but boy did he wear it well.

After Matt got to the hotel he took a 2-hour nap and then we were off to get the car. It literally took only ten minutes. They had to jump it first to get it to the garage for us to drive off. Sitting there for so long must've killed the battery. But, I thought we were going to be there HOURS. Hooray for being able to go get some lunch afterward. We got the keys and started to drive off but didn't get far before we started having major issues with the car. The gears were sticking BAD after sitting there for almost a month and the rpm's would go up to 85 and we were literally only going 5mph. It was scary. Then the battery was too dead and we had to keep jumping it until we got to an Autozone to buy a new one. After we got both issues worked out we were good to go and brought the car back to the hotel to enjoy some quality time together. We stayed the night in St. Louis, left the next day for Omaha, and then headed back home to our babies Sunday morning.

At any rate, we are now back in Sioux Falls with the rest of the family and IT.IS.GREAT! It feels so good to be back together. We DO have to get used to each other again. Like having to share a bed. And not being able to listen to what I want in the car. And fighting over the remote.

BUT it's wonderful and I'm so happy. We will be leaving for Grand Forks in a few weeks and will hoepfully be getting a houes right away. We called the housing office and we are #2 on the list but for the 'older housing'. So we'll see what we can do when we get there to maybe get some newer stuff. We had one year of living in an absolutely horrible 'old' house and I never want to go through that again. Praying for good housing!!!!!

I'll have to stop being lazy and get the pictures from my camera onto the computer so that I can share some with you. I haven't taken many but I do have some cute ones. :)

1 comment:

~J's Mommy~ said...

I'm SORTA glad that you guys are together again. Sorta because since he's back around you are never online anymore!!!! lol I meeees you!

Get them pics up now!!!